Reports to: Executive Director
Oakcliff is a training and coaching center located in Oyster Bay NY with an America’s Cup-like campus consisting of a boat shop, boat yard, meeting spaces and a fleet of over 100 boats. The Development Director is responsible for Oakcliff’s revenue streams including fundraising, sponsorship and other commercial activities. Utilize current infrastructure and resources, modify as needed and deliver a fundraising and development program. Thi s is a perfect entry-level development position for someone looking to learn fundraising and donor cultivation at a non-profit. This is a dynamic full time position requiring flexibility and extreme organizational skills.
The position is for a highly organized and personable fundraising manager. He or she obviously needs to be well spoken with excellent communication skills but also must be comfortable in a variety of environments from the deck of a boat to a corporate board room. Advanced word processing, mail merge and database manipulation skills required. Sailing experience of some level is required.
• Develop all messaging internally and externally
• Manage the Public Relations Manager in messaging, communications and promotions to maximize fundraising results.
• Work with Training Director on the annual brochure and recruitment.
• Work within the existing infrastructure to manage the current fundraising activities including the supporter contact database, currently in Neon with mailings done through Constant Contact.
• Be a presence on site for regular sailing and events to service supporters
• Actively work to increase the number and levels of support
• Manage supporter deliverables and build relationships with Supporters
• Cultivate the current databases for possible high-end donors
• Research new donor bases, specifically non-sailing
• Aggressively traffic donors from initial contact through giving
• Encourage multi year commitments and legacy giving program.
• Utilize the Executive Director to secure major gifts
• Work with the Board of Directors to create donor cultivation strategies for key contacts
• Research donors using wealth screening software, social media, and Google searches to identify giving opportunities
• Produce the Celebrating New Heights annual fundraising event
• Design, develop and produce additional small high-end donor events
• Coordinate year end appeal and mailings
• Ensure appropriate language is in all receipts and acknowledgement
• Create, manage and adhere to the fundraising schedule
• Continue to strengthen relationships that will lead to the donation of assets, boats, vehicles etc. Work with the management team to identify needed assets and make plans to have those donated.
• Coordinate the occasional sale of assets including listing, promoting and administering the transfer
• Support the Training Director in student recruitment
• Actively sell team building and other stand alone fundraising opportunity
• Package, sell and service corporate sponsorship opportunities
Salary commensurate with experience. Please direct all interest to firstname.lastname@example.org