Warm up drill– those marks are not out there to be ignored. I know we put together crew that you may not have sailed with. But those marks are there to give you boundries sailing around and not going around marks is just that…Sailing around! Use the playground that we set up!
8 minute drill- we will use this drill at least every other week it has become a favorite. This should be ingrained into your “pre-game” routine!
· First two attempts by both pairs were late or VERY early
· Second two were spot on!
· Know the layline, again missed on the early ones but hit as the time ran down.
Dial Up drill– Great job and went better than expected, we will improve some of the mechanics of the drill on our side.
· Stbd boat seemed to set up a bit back (bow to stern) I think we came up with the primaries are a good spot to set up.
· With the bow back the port boat was able to escape easily in front of Stbd boat.
· Be careful to make sure when you set up to leeward of the windward boat you give them “wiggle room”.
· Practice going fast after the escape or after you have been burned.
Big picture– We are all here to learn! This is a fun sport and for me every day is a chance to learn. Make sure we check our ego’s at the dock before we hit the water and go out and have fun! It is sailing and not four letter words like :work and golf.